Mmm. I think we all crave a good cheesy lasagna every now and again. My flatmates had just brought back two huge lasagnas in a row from home, and I decided to make my own. The one problem with lasagna is that they come in huge boxes of like 20+ noodles, and you can never use them all up, without having to buy another box. This recipe is really quick for a lasagna recipe. Makes a 9x9 pan.
- 8 Lasagna Noodles
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 2 T ketchup
- 1 T mixed herbs
- 2 T fresh parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 4 cups store-bought pasta sauce
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced
- Start off by soaking the lasagna noodles in hot water for about 15 minutes.
- Mix the ground beef with the ketchup, herbs, parsley, and salt and pepper.
- Brown the beef mixture with the onion in a frying pan for about 7 minutes until the meat gets dark, and the pan is full of juices.
- Place four of the lasagna noodles in a layer on the bottom of your lasagna pan.
- Spread half the ricotta cheese on the noodles, and then half the meat fry. Top with 2 cups of pasta sauce and half of the mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients
- Top the entire thing with the tomato slices and place in the oven at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.