- nom nom nom nom. i actually don't like spam. but i do like anything even closely related to sushi. and i guess my love of sushi is greater than my dislike of spam.
okay i'm going to make up for the lack of directions with just a whole lotta pictures.
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1 T sushi vinegar
- 1 can spam (I think I used a 8 oz can)
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1 T oyster sauce
- 1 T white sugar
- 10 seasoned dried snack seaweed pieces
- Make your rice, preferably in a rice cooker, otherwise equal parts water and rice in the pot. When your rice is finished, add the vinegar and stir well, then place in fridge to cool.
- Cut up spam on the side into ~5 slices
- Mix soy sauce, oyster sauce and sugar, and coat spam in the mixture.
- Fry spam for about 5 minutes on each side until golden.
- Pack rice into your spam can, nice and tight. Put a spam piece on top, then lay a seaweed piece over the spam and flip over. You might have to hit the can a couple of times to get everything out. Add the second piece of seaweed on the rice side, and use some water to stick the two seaweed pieces together on their overlap.
- Repeat. And then eat :D