But this is a dead simple recipe which you can do for under $8 to feed like 8 people even under dire circumstances.
Taken from all recipes with a few minor changes. http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/spinach-and-orzo-salad/Detail.aspx
- 1 (16 oz) package uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 (10 oz) package baby spinach leaves, finely chopped
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 pound crumbled feta cheese (optionally with mediterranean spices, found some at Trader Joes)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add orzo and cook 8-10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse with cold water.
- Transfer to a large bowl and stir in spinach, feta, cucumber, tomato, basil, thyme, and oregano. Toss with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Refrigerate and serve cold.
I ended up leaving half of this salad with the boys and some for the mechanic working on my car. It makes a lot :D