- 1 cup flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 T Sugar
- 1/4 t orange peel (optional)
- 4 oz unsalted butter
- 1 T Water
- 1/2 t vanilla
- handful chocolate chips
- Mix dry ingredients together
- Cut butter into dry ingredients
- Add water and vanilla
- Mix until holds together
- Refrigerate for ~20 minutes until cold
- Divide up dough into 6 equal parts. Press dough ball into muffin pan with fingers. Push to cover bottom and sides. Try to make it an even thickness ~1/4 in.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. You might want to check after 10 minutes.
- Put chocolate on bottom while still warm. Spread chocolate out on bottom when melted.
- 1.5 cups fresh strawberries
- 3 T sugar
- Cut strawberries into slices
- Sprinkle sugar on top, and mix
- 1 c Milk
- 1/4 c Sugar
- 3 Egg yolks
- Heat milk and sugar until simmering, without stirring.
- Take off heat, add slowly to beaten egg yolks
- Return to burner, and let mixture thicken until coats back of spoon. Be careful not to overheat and cook the egg.
- Take off heat and stir over ice until cool
- Place in fridge until cold,
- Wait until the tart shells are cooled off.
- Spoon a bit of custard into the bottom of each shell.
- Assemble strawberry slices on top. If you can do it artfully congratuations, if you can't it's still yummy.
Makes 6 mini strawberry tarts.
You'll probably have a lot of leftover custard, mmm. Put on ice cream, dessert, or your spoon.